Saturday 19 September 2015

Who needs hot water when you have Wi-Fi?


I'm currently in la Republica Dominica doing community service and Spanish immersion (see my last blog post).

The streets of Santa Domingo

On arrival in the DR, we were told two things: we cannot drink the tap water and our toilet paper goes in the bin, and not in the toilet bowel, so that we don't clog the toilets. This last one has been quite an adjustment.

Rooftop view of Santo Domingo

Other changes for me have included sharing a room with 12 girls and sleeping on a bunk bed. There are only 4 showers, so, we have to fight over hot water, but at least we have Wi-Fi! In fact, I think that having internet access, while everything else around us has changed, has helped us to ease into things.

Here are a few pictures of our home, Rancho Baiguate, for the next week.


There are horses, cows, Shetland 
ponies and a butterfly house.
My view on the way to Spanish class.
Spot the horse!


2 comments:

  1. It's hard enough getting used to toilet paper in the bin on the plane. I like the view of your walk to Spanish class!

    ReplyDelete